ProAmpac offered the following healthcare and medical products and packaging capabilities:
- PRO-PEEL? Medical. The latest innovation in peelable medical film offers a smooth, consistent and clean peel from itself, other polyethylene-based sealants, and uncoated Tyvek? and select uncoated medical-grade papers with a bright white seal area indicator when peeled to help identify the seal integrity of the package.
- Chevron Pouches. Pre-made chevron pouches produced with PRO-PEEL sealant technology provide consistent seal/peel strengths in the 1.5lb. ? 2.0lb./inch range and can be produced in film to film for gamma and autoclave sterilization processes, and film to uncoated Tyvek? and medical-grade papers for those medical devices requiring ETO sterilization.
- Drug Delivery. ProAmpac is the North American market leader in pharmaceutical barrier packaging via pre-made pouches and roll-barrier packaging, currently providing form-fill-seal overwraps, pre-made pouches and bags, as well as the PRO FlexiPURE? family of films. Their drug-delivery packaging includes inhalation, liquid and solid oral-dose, injectable, topical/transdermal, and transmucosal applications.
- Medical Device. Company?s low-extractable barrier lamination and adhesive and extrusion capabilities are used for peelable and non-peelable high-barrier foil and non-foil packaging systems. ProAmpac technologies are found in wipes, syringes, and medical-device barrier applications. These include enteral feeding, wound care, casting tape, bone cement, collagen hemostat, orthopedic implants, bone and tissue grafts, electrodes, autoinjectors and drug-eluting stents.
- Over-the-Counter ProAmpac provides flexible packaging solutions for leading over-the-counter pharmaceuticals: poly-coated one-side paper and paper/poly/foil/poly structures for single-dose packaging.
- Child-Resistant Flexible Packaging. ProAmpac?s Child-Resistant Reclosable Easy Open (CRREO) solutions are patented engineered designs used worldwide in medical, pharmaceutical, consumer and agricultural applications. We have also developed film laminations for form-fill-seal packaging applications with CRREO certification.
- PRO-BARRIER? Nonwovens. ProAmpac is a market leader in extrusion coating and extrusion laminating, as well as the printing of nonwovens for use as surgical drapes and gowns, patient warming and hypothermia prevention. ProAmpac?s multi-coextrusion lines produce coated nonwovens that are soft and drapable yet pass stringent barrier requirements regarding blood and blood-borne pathogens.
» Publication Date: 13/02/2020
» More Information
« Go to Technological Watch